American Prairie Reserve furthers its mission to provide meaningful public access by building opportunities for education.
As a “living laboratory” for students of all ages, the Reserve offers a backdrop for learning that exposes visitors to the full diversity of ecological, cultural and historical elements unique to the northern Great Plains.
Over the last decade, we’ve partnered with other organizations to create rich learning experiences for a wide variety of visitors, including state and national educational groups, local school children and our neighbors in surrounding communities, volunteers and conservation professionals from around the world, and students at advanced levels of education who are looking to conduct research.
THE ENRICO EDUCATION & SCIENCE CENTER
In 2015, American Prairie Reserve began the next phase of educational outreach thanks to a generous donation from the Enrico family. The Danny, Joey and Gigi Enrico Education & Science Center opened in Spring 2015 to serve as our permanent hub of learning and science activity. Read more about the programs and facilities available to students and researchers at the Enrico Center.
We look forward to welcoming the following groups that are traveling to the Reserve to run programs and conduct studies in 2016. Stay tuned - their experiences, photos, and stories will be shared on our blog. You might also see them during your stay at Buffalo Camp!
- Montana Wilderness School’s Missouri River Exploration
- Flathead Audubon Society
- Teachers from Great Falls Public Schools
- Montana thought leaders hosted by Randy and Nora Gray
- Graduate researcher and naturalists from Clemson University
- Graduate researcher from Harvard University
- Student group from Hawaii
- SEO Scholars in partnership with Montana Outdoor Science School
The following organizations contribute to the success of educational visits on American Prairie Reserve:
- Montana Outdoor Science School
- Montana Wilderness School
- National Geographic Student Expeditions
- Mars Ambassador Program
- Leave No Trace
Contact our staff to inquire about an educational group visit to American Prairie Reserve.