To apply, please submit an email expressing interest and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. American Prairie Reserve is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Seeking a pair/partner to the Blue Ridge property Maintenance & Facilities Reserve Technician interested in living and working as a duo on the Blue Ridge property with work on surrounding properties
START DATE: May 2021
DURATION: 6-month term
BASE WORK & HOUSING LOCATION: Blue Ridge property on American Prairie Reserve
REPORTS TO: Asset Director
HOURS: Full time at 40 hours per week, typically 4 work days at 10 hours per day with some variation depending on operational demands.
WAGE: $15 per hour with a raise up to $1 dependent on performance at 6-months.
JOB PROVISIONS: Shared staff housing, shared work vehicle, shared work laptop & cellular phones.
BENEFITS OFFERED: Reserve Lodging Perks, Corporate Discounts
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee. All employees are required to be responsible for and assist with additional tasks and responsibilities as needed.
JOB PURPOSE: This laborer position performs housekeeping and light maintenance to support hosted guest and public visitor operations on the Reserve. The work includes a variety of duties to monitor, clean, and prepare facilities and grounds to ensure an enjoyable and safe environment for visitors. This position assists with the hosting of guests and the administrative processes to manage guest and visitor services.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
- Perform housekeeping services not limited to bedding changes, laundry, dishwashing, dusting, sweeping, mopping, sanitizing, washing, window cleaning, and waste removal, light household repairs or maintenance, insect and rodent control in multiple facilities.
- Perform regular inventory, purchasing, organization, and stocking of supplies.
- Perform grounds keeping such as mowing, watering, weeding and snow removal.
- Use booking and calendaring software to monitor visitor and guest arrivals/departures and assist with logistics.
- Act as a welcoming and positive point of contact for visitors and guests helping to orient them and to respond to questions and inquiries.
- Assist with hosting of visitors in support of American Prairie Reserve staff and contracted caterers.
- Assist with maintenance of public visitor and hosted guest systems and processes such as templates, forms, guidelines, protocols, and procedures.
- Assist with management of all public facilities by keeping staff and visitors informed of rules and procedures for use and maintenance.
- Operate passenger vehicles and light trucks, and off-road vehicles such as all-terrain vehicles to transport people and things.
- Complete work indoors and outdoors in varied and extreme weather conditions, in remote and isolated areas including rustic and uninhabited structures, and traveling across rough and unmaintained terrain.
- Complete job duties to the specification set forth by supervisor in a manner that meets safety, health and sanitation standards and policies including appropriate use of safety and protective equipment.
- Monitor infrastructure while completing job duties to identify and report real or potential items of interest or concern whether regarding property, land, livestock, wildlife or people.
- Report accidents, injuries, damage or near misses immediately to Safety Manager.
- Complete accurate paper and electronic records in accordance with asset management and safety protocols.
- Respond as directed to emergencies or unanticipated needs such as assisting in the event of a facility plumbing issue or vehicle stuck in the mud or snow.
- Assist in light construction and finishing work as needed.
- Enthusiasm for and positive representation of American Prairie Reserve's mission, values, goals, and culture.
- Relevant work experience.
- High degree of guest service-oriented attention to detail and ability to anticipate needs.
- Dependable with good time management skills and follow-through to complete work.
- Ability to adhere to instructions and ask necessary questions to ensure tasks and responsibilities are completed to employer specifications.
- Demonstrate a proactive and motivated work ethic with ability to work quickly and efficiently to complete tasks and responsibilities.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively with others.
- Proficient use of technology including laptop, iPhone, and software for email, texting, calendars, time tracking, and reservations software.
- Use chemicals and cleaning products and tools such as disinfectants, degreasers, solvents, broom, vacuum, etc.
- Proficient with hand tools and power tools.
- Ability to physically exert self, complete repetitive weight bearing labor such as shoveling, and lift and carry up to 50 pounds or more pounds with assistance.
- Physical mobility and dexterity including but not limited to the ability to walk, stand, squat, kneel, bend, stoop, reach and handle.
- Ability to work varied or long hours, on-call hours, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Ability to operate 4WD trucks, other farm & ranch equipment, and off-road vehicles.
- Ability to drive long distances alone in remote areas and navigate unmaintained or potentially hazardous 2-tracks and roads in varied conditions such as mud, ice, and snow.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Reliable transportation for personal non-work use.
- CPR, AED and first aid training (provided).