To apply, submit an email expressing interest and a resume to email@example.com. This position remains open until filled. American Prairie is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TITLE: Marketing Assistant
DIVISION: Philanthropy & Marketing
REPORTS TO: Senior Marketing Manager with daily direction from Marketing Project Manager
LOCATION: Bozeman, MT
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
HOURS: Varied and flexible hours averaging 15 per week
TEMPORARY TERM: ASAP through December 2021
BENEFITS OFFERED: Reserve Lodging Perks, Corporate Discounts, Flexible Scheduling
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee. Employees are expected to be responsible for and assist with additional tasks and duties as needed. Job descriptions may change to meet the business needs of the organization.
JOB PURPOSE: This role completes a numerous variety of tasks to support the Marketing department's projects and initiatives to advance American Prairie’s priorities and goals.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Assist with management of marketing assets such as photos, videos, and other files completing tasks such as importing/exporting, tagging, and filling requests for files.
- Assist with updates and edits to American Prairie website pages
- Request and maintain copyright documentation including photo releases.
- Place advertising in local newspapers, magazines and on radio.
- Process incoming email to DraftMail@americanprairie.org and social media messaging inquiries.
- Compile video requests, b-roll requests, photo requests onto transfer sites or hard dives as needed
- Assist with preparation for outreach and fundraising events including creating event documents such as sign-up sheets, ordering and packaging swag, packaging print and other materials or gear for event use or distribution.
- Assist with coordination for hosted or invited visitors to the Reserve for marketing related purposes such as media or influencers.
- Provide support for marketing project management including assisting to keep projects on task and moving forward using Wrike.
- Proofread print and digital pieces as assigned
- Assist in posting approved content and photos to American Prairie’s social media channels
- Enthusiasm for and positive representation of APR’s mission, values, goals, and culture.
- Related professional experience.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task with a high level of productivity and follow-though.
- Demonstrated proofreading skills & familiarity with AP Style
- Proactive and motivated work ethic.
- Critical thinking skills and resourcefulness.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as with a great deal of autonomy, including working independently without supervision.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Keynote, Powerpoint, email, and social media platforms and scheduling tools.
- Able to work a variable schedule
- Website management experience
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud