To apply, please submit an email expressing interest and resume to email@example.com. This position remains open until filled. American Prairie is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
START DATE: May 2021
DIVISION: Organizational Operations
REPORTS TO: National Discovery Center Director
LOCATION: Lewistown, Montana
HOURS: Full-time at 40 hrs. per week
BENEFITS OFFERED: Paid Vacation, National Holidays & Sick Days; Paid Volunteer Hours; 401K with up to 3% employer match; Medical Insurance with optional Flexible Savings or Health Savings Account & Dependent Care Account; Short-term Disability Insurance; Voluntary Vision, Dental, Life, Critical Illness, & Accident Insurance; Reserve Lodging Perks; Corporate Discounts; Flexible Scheduling
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee. All employees are required to be responsible for and assist with additional tasks and responsibilities as needed.
JOB PURPOSE: This position supports the opening and operation of American Prairie’s National Discovery Center in Lewistown, Montana, our ‘gateway’ to American Prairie Reserve. The center includes a visitor services area, exhibits, a children’s learning zone, a theater, an event pavilion, and American Prairie staff offices. The National Discovery Center Coordinator is a hub role for the Center and provides reception, events and reservations support along with general administrative and operations responsibilities. The Center Coordinator maintains a well-informed working knowledge of the center’s offerings and purpose as an integral part of American Prairie’s mission and goals ensuring visitors and the community benefit from the Center’s operation.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Perform center reception and greeter duties for walk-in visitors, callers, and inquiries via email ensuring prompt and courteous attention, taking messages, distributing information, and redirecting inquiries as appropriate.
- Maintain information to respond to a myriad of inquiries related to the geographic area, American Prairie’s goals and initiatives, and opportunities to explore American Prairie Reserve.
- Assist visitors in planning their trips to American Prairie, learning more about the region and understanding American Prairie’s mission.
- Assess and evaluate public requests for information and comments to identify and share themes, issues, and opportunities with the organization to help inform decisions, develop messaging and prompt continuous improvement.
Events & Reservations
- Schedule, coordinate, and provide support at various Center activities such as presentations, speakers, meetings, or events.
- Host and facilitate visitor presentations or events as directed.
- Maintain and assist in the creation of the Center’s calendar of events.
- Manage Center bookings and reservations and as directed.
- Assist with bookings and reservations for American Prairie Reserve visitors.
- Utilize booking and calendaring software.
General and Office Operations
- Perform Center opening and closing duties.
- Act as the liaison to the Center’s service providers, and vendors.
- Act as primary administrator for the Center and staff office, ordering and inventorying supplies, and processing incoming and outgoing mail.
- Manage transaction and cash handling procedures or donations and sale of goods.
- Develop and maintain informational, procedural and facility operations documents and record keeping.
- Provide AV/technology support for meetings and events.
- Act as the liaison to American Prairie’s internal and external IT support.
- Assist with the coordination, maintenance and record upkeep for Lewistown based vehicles.
- Provide support for American Prairie’s main phone line and email.
- Enthusiasm for and positive representation of American Prairie Reserve’s mission, values and culture.
- Two plus years related job experience.
- Exceptional service mentality and thrives on engaging interpersonally, connecting with others, and cultivating relationships.
- Resilience in navigating public perceptions and relations and ability to productively manage conflict and difficult interactions with de-escalation and mediation skills to foster positive outcomes.
- Adaptable with savvy trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills.
- Extremely detail oriented and organized with effective time management and prioritization skills.
- Proactive, motivated, and accountable work ethic.
- High proficiency in MS office, database software, email software, and Internet research.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to listen to others and to present information.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of discretion.
- Able to work a variable schedule, including weekends, evenings as the job deliverables demand.
- Ability to walk and drive to complete out-of-office tasks.
- Occasional travel.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Knowledge, understanding and familiarity with state of Montana.