TITLE: National Discovery Center Volunteer
DIVISION: Organizational Operations
REPORTS TO: National Discovery Center Coordinator
LOCATION: Lewistown, Montana
PRIMARY VOLUNTEER DUTIES:
- Perform Center reception and greeter duties for walk-in visitors including iPad sign-in.
- Help guests navigate the Discovery Center by:
- Suggesting possible starting places for guests (Theatre, exhibit space).
- Helping guests select videos in the Ken Burns Theatre.
- Monitoring the children’s area to ensure safe use of the playground equipment.
- Checking on guests in exhibit space, highlighting more hidden sections/features.
- Helping guests make bookings and reservations via the front desk iPad.
- Respond to inquiries and provide information on visiting American Prairie and the Lewistown area.
- Assess and evaluate public requests for information and comments and share with NDC staff.
- In case of an emergency, monitor and track the number of visitors and their location within the building.
- Complete basic upkeep duties to maintain a clean and sanitary Center.
- Enthusiasm for and positive representation of American Prairie mission, values, and culture.
- Demonstrate a general understanding of American Prairie’s goals and initiatives, knowledge of the geographic area, and know ways to visit and explore American Prairie properties in order to field various questions.
- Demonstrate an exceptional service mentality; thrives on engaging interpersonally and connecting with others.
- Resilience in navigating public relations and perceptions; ability to represent American Prairie positively and accurately.
- Ability to assist American Prairie staff in case of an emergency.
- Ability to volunteer semi-regularly (weekly, monthly); dependable and reliable for agreed upon volunteer time.
- American Prairie Website, including FAQs.
- NDC How-To documents.
- Public Access FAQ binder.
- Quick-access safety guide.
For more information and to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.