In support of efforts to slow the spread of the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and following guidance from local and state health authorities, American Prairie is taking a phased approach to open visitor facilities under modified operations. Learn more.
Antelope Creek Campground
Current Facility Status:
We ask all visitors to travel and recreate responsibly this summer by complying with guidance from local, state, and federal authorities. Visitors must observe social distancing guidelines, and no gatherings larger than 10 are permitted.
- Open with limited services to RV’s with bathroom facilities on board
- Cabins, bath house and tent sites are closed
- 2-mile nature trail is open
- Potable water available
- Dump station available
- Booking and payments available online only; no cash or credit card transactions at the campground
Antelope Creek is the newest public campground on American Prairie Reserve (APR), located about 7 miles north of the Missouri River on U.S. 191. You’ll find a range of accommodations, from walk-in tent sites and rustic cabins to RV sites with electric. The campground offers potable water, showers, and a dump station for visitor use. Maximum stay is 7 days.
- Sites 1, 2, 5, 6, 11, 19 and 20 are reservable online and marked with green site numbers.
- Sites 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 12-18 are first-come, first taken and marked with blue site numbers.
- Payment is by credit card only. We accept Master Card, Visa, Discover, and American Express.
- Check-in is from 3:30–5:40 pm at the trailer marked "Registration" parked in RV site #12. The camp hosts will collect payment for walk-in guests, and provide the door code for the bath house or cabins.
|RV Site, 30 amp||$31|
|RV Site, 50 amp||$36|
Walk-In Services: Shower $3, Dump Station $10
* APR Supporters receive a 20% discount on rates.
- 8 tent sites (3 are walk-in)
- 12 RV sites with electric
- 4 rustic cabins
- Potable water
- Dump station
- Interpretive Nature Trail
- The Little Rockies
- Wildlife Watching
- Scenic Drive
- Due to remoteness, this is a pack-in, pack-out facility for trash and recycling. A small trash container is provided in the bath house for hygiene products.
- Quiet hours are from 9pm – 7am, and from 10pm – 7am in the months of June, July and August.
- Site limits are one RV or tent per site, 2 vehicles, and 6 people.
- No generator use permitted. Campers requiring power should select an RV site.
- No shooting of firearms or archery equipment is permitted in the campground area.
- Fires allowed only in provided fire rings. Fires may be limited or prohibited at certain times. No wood gathering.
- No swimming (people or pets) in the wildlife pond and wetland.
- The water station is for filling containers/tanks only. Do not wash vehicles.
- Please do not hang or clean game from campground infrastructure.
- Pets must be under voice control or on a leash while in the campground or on the trail and may not be left outside unattended.
- No fireworks.