National Geographic has described American Prairie as “one of the most ambitious conservation efforts in American History.” American Prairie’s unprecedented mission is to build the largest nature reserve in the contiguous United States.
The American Prairie Young Professionals Leadership Network (YPLN) is driving this mission forward by harnessing the passion of the next generation of philanthropists, conservationists, and leaders. Members of the YPLN are extraordinary individuals dedicating their time, resources, and expertise to advance American Prairie.
"To bring together young men and women passionate about the environment and conservation, who are willing to dedicate their time, talent, and resources to support American Prairie's mission of creating the largest nature reserve in the continental United States."
What we do:
The YPLN brings together a national group of young men and women who share a love of the outdoors, a concern for the environment and conservation, and the drive to make a difference in the world around them through the mission of American Prairie. The YPLN strives to ensure that the next generation of professionals can support national conservation efforts and meet like-minded peers who share a common goal to make a difference every day.
The primary goal of the YPLN is to generate a passionate base of supporters for American Prairie by driving awareness and fundraising efforts in their own backyards, by promoting visits to the prairie among individuals who value the mission, and by fostering a strong sense of community among existing and future YPLN members.
Benefits to membership:
- Free two-night stay at any American Prairie hut or campground
- Local and national networking opportunities with conservation-minded professionals
- Opportunity to utilize talents and skills to raise awareness and funds to build one of the most ambitious, yet achievable, conservation efforts in American history
- $50 monthly donation or $600 annual donation
- Innovate and creatively support American Prairie's mission by raising awareness and/or funds
To learn more about becoming a member of the Young Professionals Leadership Network, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.